Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals who thrive in a high-energy, team-oriented work environment and culture of excellence. One of SFM’s greatest strengths is attracting, motivating, challenging, and rewarding talented professionals who do superior work for our clients. We are very proud of the team and culture we have built.
If you are looking for the opportunity of a lifetime and are up to the challenge, take a look at the opportunities that are currently available at our firm.
Located far from Wall Street in beautiful northwest Montana, Stack Financial Management has earned a reputation as one of America’s premier investment advisors with over $1.4 billion in assets under management for clients in 48 states. Over the past 26 years, we have built an established firm with national respect and recognition, and over a 97% client retention rate. We have accomplished this by hiring “the best of the best” in all facets of our business, and by focusing energy on putting our clients first, and creating a dynamic work environment.
Portfolio Manager & Strategist
- Write and edit compelling content that can be leveraged across a variety of media for our clients and broader audiences
- Ensure consistency in the firm’s voice, key messages, and editorial style across all communication channels and media
- Participate in business development, firm presentations, and special events
- Monitor and analyze economic releases, corporate earnings, and other market data
- Contribute to team decisions on portfolio strategy involving equity market research and security selection
- Assist in the preparation and execution of large block trades and periodic account rebalancing
- Communicate directly with current and prospective clients on an ongoing basis
- 10+ years of experience in the financial industry with a focus on a risk management philosophy
- Possess a proven understanding of and passion for financial markets, economics, and monetary policy
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, and holds or is actively pursuing the CFA designation
[NOTE: All inquiries and applications will remain confidential.]
Additional key areas of experienced talent we are seeking to add to our team in 2020-2021:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to coordinate the strategy, idea generation, planning and successful implementation of marketing programs and client communication
- Partner with senior leadership and compliance to establish best practices for content strategy to support marketing and business goals
- Develop compelling digital marketing and integrated video production to articulate our Firm’s distinguishing characteristics and safety-first investment philosophy to HNW clients and prospects
- Manage, update, and enhance current marketing materials for prospect and client nurturing programs
- Interface with compliance to conduct ongoing review and assessment to ensure regulatory requirements
- Must have proficient knowledge of current advertising and marketing regulations
Essential Core Strengths
- 10+ years in the investment management or regulated finance industries with experience in a high-net-worth client environment
- Bachelor’s degree combined with professional designation in selected field of expertise
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills complemented by strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate closely with a wide-ranging interdisciplinary team
- Dedicated to making SFM the concierge money manager of choice for high-net-worth clients across the country
- Most importantly, we are looking for the right cultural fit – someone who enjoys being part of a team and would rather say “we” were right than “I” was right
Benefits & Perks
We believe our firm and community are a truly exceptional place to work and live. Here are some of the benefits of working at Stack Financial Management:
Our employees are our greatest resource and we believe that it is important to reinforce that with competitive compensation. We align compensation to encourage personal and professional growth for the betterment of the firm and our clients.
Making sure that our employees have an opportunity to stay healthy is a top priority at SFM. We believe that healthy employees are more present, productive, and happier. Along with an in-house exercise facility, our employees receive healthcare benefits from Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Living and working in Whitefish, Montana is a dream location for those seeking an active lifestyle. Outdoor recreation opportunities include skiing, boating, kayaking, hiking, climbing, fishing, hunting, biking, camping, and exploring. We feel very privileged to be able to live and work in such a tight-knit community that offers our employees and their families a special quality of life.
In 2018, SFM moved into its new office building in Whitefish, Montana. This facility offers us state-of-the-art technology and a footprint to expand our services and grow with our clients. From this legacy home SFM will remain a privately owned, independent investment management firm and proudly serve our clients for decades to come.
While we help our clients prepare for and protect their retirement, we give our employees the tools necessary to receive the same comfort some day. SFM offers our employees a generous retirement plan that is largely unmatched in the industry.
At SFM we believe in working hard and playing hard. It’s important to us that our employees take time away from their jobs for self-reflection. We offer annual paid time off to our employees so that they can enjoy their families, travel, and pursue their hobbies.
Living & Working in Whitefish
Living and working in Whitefish is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who loves nature and the outdoors. Our office is located near Big Mountain and Whitefish Mountain Resort, and is just 40 minutes from Glacier National Park. Take a look at what Whitefish living has to offer:
Explore Whitefish – Plan a visit to Whitefish
Whitefish Chamber Of Commerce – General information & events
Ski Whitefish – Skiing on Big Mountain
Whitefish Legacy Partners – Trails & Maps
Glacier National Park – Wilderness area in Montana’s Rocky Mountains
Alpine Theater Project – Shows & Events
Glacier International Airport – Find flights & transportation
Whitefish Wikipedia – Everything Whitefish
Ski Magazine – Whitefish Mountain Resort: Attracting attention for all the right reasons
NY Daily News – Whitefish Montana’s winter vacation destination
Powder Magazine – Passing Through: Whitefish, Montana